Skip to main content

How to Meditate ? Benefits of Meditation .

Image Courtesy : Google Image



Why Meditation is called difficult ?

One reason why meditation may seem difficult because we try too hard to concentrate , we were overly attached to results, we were not sure we are doing it right . 

A teacher will help to understand what you are experiencing , move past common roadblocks , and create a nourishing daily practice . 

How to become quiet in mind in order to have a successful meditation practice ?

We cannot stop or control our thoughts , but we can decide how much attention to give them . Although we cannot impose quiet on our mind, through meditation we can find the quietness already exists in the space between our thoughts . 

When thoughts arise ... as they inevitably will ... we don't need to judge them or try to push them away . Instead , we gently return our attention to our object of attention .

As you meditate on a regular basis , you will spend more and more time this state of expanded awareness and silence . 

What are the benefits of Meditation ?

  • Wasteful habits goes off naturally .
  • Sleep time requirements get reduced .
  • Relationships become more meaningful and fulfilling .
  • Thoughts power gets tremendously boosted .
  • Memory power increases .
  • Ability to discern right form wrong gets improved .
  • Purpose of life is better to understood .
  • Mind always stays in a peaceful and joyous state .
Any disorder is because of mental worries . All mental worries are because of intellectual immaturity .

The benefits of meditation are both immediate and long term . Many scientific studies provide evidence that meditation intellectual effects on the mind body physiology within just few weeks of practice .

For example , a study led by Harvard University and Massachusetts General Hospital found that as little as eights weeks of meditation not only helped people to experience decreased anxiety and greater feelings of calm , it also enormous growth in the areas of the brain associated with memory , empathy , sense of self and stress regulation .

In life's paradoxical way , when we spend time meditating on a regular basis , we actually have more time . When we meditate , we dip in and out of the timeless , spaceless realm of consciousness ... the state of pure awareness that is the source of everything that manifests in the universe . 

Our breathing and heart rate slow down , our BP lowers and our body decreases the production of stress hormones and other chemicals that speed up the ageing process and give us the subjective feelings that we are 'running out of time' .

In meditation we are in restful alertness that is extremely refreshing for the body and mind . As people stick with their meditation ritual , they notice that they are accomplish more while doing less . 
Instead of struggling to achieve goals they spend more and more time 'in the flow' ... aligned with universal intelligence that organized everything .

How should people can experience transcendent in Meditation ?

Some people are disappointed when they don't experience visions, see colours , levitate , hear a choir of angles, or glimpses enlightenment when they meditate . We can have a variety of wonderful experiences when we meditate , including feelings of bliss and oneness, these aren't the purpose of the practice . 

The real benefits of meditation are what happens when we are going about our daily lives . When we emerge from our meditation session , we carry some of the stillness and silence with us , allowing us to be more creative , compassionate , centered and loving to ourselves and everyone we encounter . 

After sitting comfortably :

Breath In Breath Out and  Remembering  is the first step to follow .
I sit quietly and reflect on who I am , who I really am . I begin to remember and feel my innate goodness,
I realise my my intrinsic positivity that somehow I had forgotten . In the quietness , I remember the original , spiritual self , and feel peace and respect flow through me .
Feeling restored and rejuvenated , I return recharged to the outer world of sound and action . 

Step 2 will be the Realization :

I realize that no one is to be blamed , for anything ,( not even myself ).
I realize ...
that God supports me in settling my Karma , I accept and understand that there is a reason in everything. I experience God as my Friend , As my Teacher , Father and Mother . I realize that He is not an unjust judge I realize that He is ever-giving , ever-caring , ever-loving. 

Step 3 will be Being Myself :

I imagine that I am an actor  -
The scenes of the day are playing ...
The curtains have opened , I see myself standing under spotlight , on the stage . I have played many roles ...
Filled many expectations ...
and it's time to return to my true self . I become still and silent inside ...
I enjoy the silence and the total calmness within me . 

Step 4 will be Mindful Eating :

I become fully aware of the food I eat ...
I focus on what I am eating ...
Seeing each item on my plate ,
Tasting it fully and eating slowly ...
I am mindful of the energy I receive from it , I am mindful of the Vitamins nourishing my body ... I taste more acutely ... 
Adding joy to what I eat ...
I thank Mother Earth ,
I thank the Farmers,
I feel blessed ...
And carry on with a smile .

You can set your commentry by your choice . 

Be a Vegetarian should be the Powerful motto of our life :

"Vegetarian food leaves a deep impression on our nature . If the whole world adopts vegetarianism , it can change the destiny of humankind " - Albert Einstein 

"Could you look an animal in the eyes and say to it .. ' My appetite is more important than your suffering ?' " - Moby 

"Non-violence leads to the highest ethics , which is the goal of evolution . Until we stop harming all other living beings , we are still savages ." - Thomas A. Edison .

#selfthought .
#motivationalthought .
#godthesupremepower .
#powerofmeditation .



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiramishu Sandesh | A Fusion Sweet

Tiramisu , hope you heard it before. So first of all sharing little more about Tiramisu .Tiramisu is an Italian dessert. Basically the recipe has been adapted into many varieties of pudding cake and other dessert. Origin wise it is a layered dessert consisting of soaked coffee, layered with a whipped mixture of egg yolks and mascarpone cheese and flavored with cocoa. Hope you are now really happy to know about little more Tiramisu which is such a popular dessert of Itali.   Source : Wiki But what do you feel if it gives some mix and match with Indian dessert? Nice right?  Here is the recipe of that kind of fusion dessert which came out just fabulous after trying at home. One more thing , do you know the meaning of Sandesh? Sandesh meaning is same for Bengali,Sanskrit & Hindi. Basically sandesh meaning is News. In earlier days when somebody was visiting to their relative house or any other occasion with any good news, they used to carry some sweets too. From then some kind of sw

Vegetarian Gourmet Party For New House Warming Ceremony with Kitchen Of India

Have you remember a s cene from the movie of Jodha Akbar ? Where a typical vegetarian meal was serving at the Royal Court (Darbar) of Akbar with over 100 items . In Tradition this meal is called Thali . Here thali represents a round platter with small bowls of food items. In M ughal period G ourmet T hali was like that. Image courtesy : Google image  Nowadays when we are celebrating any party basically it contains mix and match of Indian recipe and International recipes . But I like to celebrate traditional foods with a combination of c ondiments, s alad, s nacks, r aita, d al, c urries, r ice/ b read, s weets/ d essert, d rinks. So here is no exception when I am going to celebrate party for my House Warming Ceremony .   It was my dream to celebrate gourmet party in Traditional way for my New Home Griha Prabesh . All in above it should have to celebrate in Auspicious Day at an auspicious time. The main door will be decorated with an Indian W all H anging called a T oran. To give

Awadhi Paneer Masala | Lucknow Paneer Masala

Whenever I am thinking for some special cuisine at my home, it has to be really a special dish for me. No any common dishes I would not prefer to follow absolutely. So Some state or region has its own culture for their cuisines. So we identify them only by their special and identical cooking preparation which are really well known by all of us.As for example For Mughlai khana we always know that Biriyani is the most favorable delicacy. Same to same Awadhi cuisine or Lucknow cuisine has their own specialty too. In maximum cases they are cooking in Dum Puckt style foods means cooking will be done in a big hundi with a lid including all the spices but in low flame. But think as Mughal culture and Lucknow culture are more or less same in their cooking style. Still it has to be some differentiation in some cases. Hope you got to know that why I had given so many lectures about the Awadhi Cooking. Because today I want share one Awadhi special recipe. It's a simple and easy cooking reci