Wishing A Very Happy Holi To All Of You.One more Festival so sweets and sweets. Though I am not in favor to play with colors... Still a Festival is Festival whatever it is? And now this is Holi special evening so of course sweets and snacks are distributing to all of your houses .For this festive season I had a plan to do something special. And I have done it... another sweet recipe I had seen in my favorite cooking show. I found it really interesting. So I tried out today with little change. Friends it came out just amazing...So try this too. Now check out the recipe...
Bengal Gram Coconut Barfi | Chana Dal Nariyel Barfi
Prep time: 3 hrs
Cook time: 30 mins
- 1 Cup Bengal Gram Lentils / Chana Dal
- 1 Cup Plam Jaggery
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Grated
- 3/4 Cup Clarified Butter / Ghee
- 2 tbsp Almonds sliced
- 1 small square Silver foil
- 1 small cube Camphor
- A few Saffron strands
- 1/2 tsp Green Cardamoms Powder
- Soak Bengal gram for 2-3 hrs.
- Boil up to 6 whistles.
- Mashed a little with spoon .
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add mashed Bengal Gram and stir continuously until raw smell gone.
- Add grated coconut and fry a lttle.
- Now add palm jaggery and mix well.
- Sprinkle saffron strands and green cardamoms powder and mix well.
- Wwhen one dough will come out,its done.
- Grease one tray and spread it out.
See the Pics Below :
- Now take one small size silver foil sheet,fold it into a smaller one.(as shown in the pics)
- Put one camphor cube and light it fire and cover with a lid immediately.
- Keep for 15 mins like this way.
- Cut into your style and size.
- Garnish with almonds slices and serve.
And sending to other lovely Blog Events