Sunday, December 9, 2012

Medu Vada -- SNC Post

Friends This is my 2nd SNC post. The middle one I could not post because of some kind of problems. But Now I am online again, So Medu Vada one of the South Indian delicacy is in my Blog too.The challenge came from Sherin on behalf of the Souther Team . As I belong to the Norther Team so,I took the challenge and completed it successfully. It came out very perfectly. But Sorry dear I was not able to do on that procedure whatever you have followed. It was very difficult for me to follow that one.So,I used my own procedure Hope you do not mind. I will describe it through images also. So Medu Vada is ready For you.




Ingredients :

Urad Dal 1 cup
Green Chilli Finely Chopped
Curry Leaves 1 tbsp Finely Chopped 
Onion 1 Finely Chopped 
Pepper 1 tsp Crushed
Asafoetida 1/2 tsp
Salt to Taste
Water If Needed
Oil to fry.




Method :

Grind Urad Dal with less Water. Fine Paste.
Mix Well Chopped Green chilli,Curry Leaves,Onion,Pepper,Asafoetida,Salt.
Stir to make it fluffy.
Pour into the packet cone.
Put Frying Pan on the stove.
Put oil and heat it.
Pour into pan in round shape through the cone.
Fry till golden brown.
Soak the excess oil in tissue.
Medu Vada is ready to serve.

I am giving the image instructions below. See Below -


Now This is the Challenge For SNC From You Too Can Cook By Divya Pramil.







16 comments:

Vijayalakshmi Dharmaraj said...

Nice vada... different technique to make vada.. actually we used this technique to make jelabi/jangri... Well made...

Yashodha Anbuchelvan said...

New method to make vada!!! Cool !! First time I'm coming to your space!!! Cool...

Reva said...

Vadais look lovely... a very ingenious way to make vadais..
Bookmarked it.

Glad to have visited your blog and happy to follow u..
Happy blogging..
Reva

Manjula Bharath said...

Wow lovely looking vada's .. and a nice technique to get perfect shaped vadas :) glad to follow you :)

do chk my medu vada challenge when you get time :)

http://desifiesta.blogspot.com/2012/12/madras-donuts-medu-vada.html

My Cooking Journey said...

That's an innovative way to make the vadas! So the South Indians are learning something from you :) Maybe think about patenting the technique :)

Sandhya

Shruti Dhingra Wahi said...

Amazing idea ....
Looks yummy :-)
Shruti Rasoi
~Today's Recipe~
Soya Malai Chaap

Vijayalakshmi Dharmaraj said...

Ohh already commented... just came with curiosity by seeing vada... but after came am the first one on commented... he he...
Thalipeeth
VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA

Divya Pramil said...

Wow what an innovative idea of making vadas..Looks perfect too :) Lovely effort dear, welcome back :) Vadas look so crispy and yum :)
Prawn Biryani / Eral Biryani - Using Pressure Cooker

Vimitha Anand said...

Soft n yummy vadas. Love this with coconut chutney

Sanoli Ghosh said...

Very innovative method dear. Soft and delicious vadas you made Pinky. Looks very perfect. Asadharon hoyeche....

Jay said...

looks absolutely perfect..
Tasty Appetite

Nabanita Das said...

Thanks to all My friends... You are my Pleasure.

Ramya Krishnamurthy said...

hi!am belonged to southern team.wonderful technique followed.first time here.yummy vadas.

Janani said...

wow that is a new technique I am learning from you.Lovely crispy vada.well done.

Sherin said...

Great technique dear. U have turned vada in to a jalebi :-) superb. Well done dear

Latha Madhusudhan said...

yummmy and tempting dear.

Followers

Author

Follow Me On

Eshoboshoaahare

Promote Your Page Too