A Bengali style Sauce. It is a very famous chutney or sauce in any bengali occasion. After all the main foods serving it serves but before the dessert items. But in other state it is shown that sauce is serving with Snacks and of course early the main course items. Anyways, It can be sweet or sour too. As you prepare. Tomato chutney is very common in Bengal. You can make it more Rich by adding dry fruits(Cashew,Raisins,) along with this. I tried it with little raw mango. Due to tomato and raw mango it becomes little sweet and sour. And about taste, I will not say... You try this and Find out the taste... Ha ha ha... )
So one easy recipe for You...
- Tomato 2(chopped)
- Raw Mango 1(Chopped)
- Paanch Foron/Five Dry Spices (Cumin seeds,Fenugreek,Fennel,Mustard Seeds,Onion seeds)
- Roasted Powder Of Fennel
- Roasted Powder Of Cumin seeds
- Oil 2 tsp
- Sugar 4 tbsp
- Salt 1 pinch
- Red Chili 1
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add paanch foron and red chili to it.
- Add Chopped tomatoes and mango pcs.
- Cook for some times.
- Add Sugar and salt.
- Cover with a lid.
- Cook for sometimes.
- Sprinkle roasted cumin and fennel powder.
- Khatta-Mitha chatney is ready to serve.